Print Pays Off
- Print drives higher ROI
- US advertisers spend $167/person in direct mail to earn $2095 worth of goods per person.
- Direct mail gives advertisers a 13-1 return (DMA)
- Since 1999, the direct mail share has risen steadily reaching 22% in 2008. Direct mail has maintained its large ad share even with the introduction of new, fast-growing ad markets
- Eight out of 10 households (79%) say they either read or scan the advertising mail sent to their homes
- 51% of consumers say traditional mail is their preferred method of contact (CMO Council)
- Response rate for email marketing has fallen by 57% since 2004, but response rate from direct mail has risen 14% (IP)
Print is Sustainable
- For every tree harvested in the US, three trees are planted source AF&PA
- 4 million trees are planted daily in the US, 1.7 million of that by the wood and paper industries. Source: USDA Forest service & SFI – Worldwide roughly 600 million trees are planted by the paper and forest industry annually (IP)
- Paper is one of the most recycled products used in the US
- Total recovery rate for all paper in US was more than 63%, 340 pounds per capita.
- 38% of fiber used in the US for paper production comes from recovered sources
- Paper made from 30% PCW used 10% less energy to make, produces 25% less waste water and 6% less greenhouse gas emissions. Each ton conserves about 15 trees. (Environmental Defense Paper Calculator)